Sue Johnson’s article, “Losing a Loved One to Porn (and What You Can Do About It)” is an excellent resource for couples wondering if porn has hijacked their physical intimacy and emotional connection. In the article Sue offers tools to recognize a porn addiction and steps toward healing.
In the article Sue Johnson lists the signs and symptoms that indicate compulsive porn use:
Signs and Symptoms of Porn Addiction
- Escalation—increasing amounts of time that a person spends on porn, and/or an increased intensity of the material they view (moving from vanilla porn to hardcore, fetish, or violent porn).
- Withdrawal—becoming restless, irritable, and discontent when porn is not available.
- Dishonesty—lying and keeping secrets about porn use (amount of time, content they view, etc.).
- Disconnection—loss of interest in family, friends, work, and previously enjoyable activities.
- Sexual Dysfunction—loss of interest in real-world partner sex and/or problems with delayed ejaculation (DE), erectile dysfunction (ED), and/or anorgasmia (inability to reach orgasm)
Click on this link to read more: “Losing a Loved One to Porn (and What You Can Do About It)”